Smoke Detector Maintenance
Smoke detectors must comply with Australian Standards AS 3786 – 1993 and be installed as outlined in the Building Code of Australia for the outgoing safety of occupants.
Don’t Let Your Electrical Problems Slow You Down
If you feel that your smoke alarm is out of date or needs upgrading, call now. Our smoke alarm electricians have been installing, testing and maintaining smoke alarms for 20 years.
Smoke Detector Maintenance
Perth Electrical Services / Tony’s trady’s offer annual Smoke Detector Maintenance in residential rental properties. Our smoke alarm service provides peace of mind to real estate agents and landlords by reducing the likelihood of a negligence claim. Our experience, professionalism and state of the art system ensures that we can provide a convenient, personal and responsive service to our customers around Australia.
Annual Smoke Detector Maintenance/service includes:
- The preservation of records detailing that the property is compliant with current smoke detector legislation. This includes smoke detector positioning according to the Building Code of Australia and compliance with the Australian Standards AS 3786-1993
- Cleaning detector and surrounding areas
- Battery replacement
- Decibel testing
- Smoke test to ensure effective operation of the detector (when applicable)
- Replacement of faulty and expired smoke detectors
- Service sticker on smoke detectors (to allow occupants and property managers to easily identify the last service date without climbing a ladder)
- Leaving information card for occupant upon completion of the smoke detector service
- Tenants signature upon completion of the smoke detector service (when applicable)
- Photos of each smoke detector showing the location and expiry date
Qualifications & Safety
- We guarantee that each job will be completed in compliance with the Australian Standards AS 3786-1993 and the Building Code of Australia. To ensure the upmost professional and technical standards, all specific service and installation requirements will be adhered to.
- All technicians have partaken and completed comprehensive smoke detector service training and have satisfactorily passed onsite and offsite training. This includes practical training in the field, practical training at our training facility and theoretical training in the office.
- All technicians hold a National Police Certificate displaying a clean record.
- An Affiliate Member of the Real Estate Institute.
- Member of the Fire Protection Association ensuring smoke detector testing procedures are current.
- Current with Metropolitan Fire Brigade recommendations.
- We will maintain current third party public liability insurance for the sum of twenty million dollars ($20,000,000.00) and professional indemnity insurance with a limit of indemnity of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00).
Our experience, professionalism and state-of-the-art system ensure we provide a convenient, personal and responsive service to our customers around Perth. Send us an email or give us a call for more information about Smoke Detector Maintenance
Our Other Electrical Maintenance Services
- Lamp and ballast replacements
- Exit and emergency lighting checkups
- Electric panel maintenance
- GFCI device and breaker testing services
- Automatic gate repairs
Why Maintain Your Smoke Alarms?
Outfitting your home with smoke detectors is one step towards the safety of your business or family. However, you can’t just put them up and then forget about them. Regular testing of your smoke detector systems is advisable to ensure the batteries and alarm continue to work.
At Perth Electrical we undertake all types of work, from installing your smoke alarm to maintaining and repairing it.