LED Downlight Installation
Need LED Downlight Installation?
Just a few years ago, LED bulbs were expensive and not as bright as those incandescents we’re used to. But that’s changing quickly. If you haven’t shopped for LED lights in a while, you are sure to be delighted at how the price has dropped substantially during the past several years. Once an option only for the super-rich or the most fashionable home designers, LED lights are now affordable enough to be used in any home.
At Perth Electrical, we take the doubt and guesswork out of switching your home or office to LED down lighting.
Contribute to reducing greenhouse emissions or just emissions or your bills?
Downlight usage is particularly energy efficient and longer lasting
You can make a change simply by replacing standard globes and halogen downlights with energy efficient CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lamps) & LED Lights
When selecting or installing new light fittings and controls, try to choose fluorescent fittings. Ensure they are compatible with CFLs.
Additionally, LED lighting has many functional benefits over other types of lighting, including:
- Energy Efficiency: LED lights use only about 15% of the electricity that a standard light bulb uses, making them 85% more efficient. They also create less heat, so they won’t heat up space in your home that requires costly air conditioning to cool down.
- Longer Life Span: – Compared to traditional light bulbs, LED lighting lasts about 8 to 10 times longer before requiring replacement. LED lights burn up to 80,000 hours, so your replacement costs will be a fraction of what they currently are. This type of super-long life span more than compensates for their initial higher cost.
- More Durability: – Traditional incandescent light bulbs have a frail filament that creates light when electricity passes through it. Even the slightest bump or jolt can cause this filament to shatter, ruining the bulb and requiring replacement. But not LED lighting, which can withstand much more vibration and shock, providing more durability and longer usable life.
- Compactness: – LED lights come in wide variety of sizes, including lights as tiny as 2 mm. That makes them ideal for fitting into hard-to-reach spaces or recessed lighting areas.
- Faster Glow: – Unlike other types of lighting, which sometimes require time to reach their full illumination, LED lights gain their full brightness the moment they are powered.
- Safer and More Functional: – Because they produce less heat, LED lighting is safer and cool to the touch so you will never have to worry about being accidentally burned while replacing or installing them.
To learn more about the ways LED lighting can improve the look and functionality of your home or office, contact us today for your free estimate on installing LED lights today.
When we quote on an installation, we take the number of downlights and the difficulty of installation into account so let us know all the details or get us to pop out and do a quick quote.